The time to act is now. Make your voice heard. The voices of 400,000 Central States participants can’t be ignored. Your voices – and stories – can persuade Congress to finally make pension security a priority.
FIND YOUR MEMBERS OF CONGRESS
Visit Govtrack.us to quickly and easily look up your Members of Congress.
WHAT TO SAY
We have provided a few suggested things to say in phone calls, meetings, emails, and letters. However, it is most important that you tell your story.
- Tell them your name and where you live.
- Tell them that you want Representative/Senator ________ to actively support the work of the Joint Select Committee on Solvency of Multiemployer Pensions.
- Tell them you are in the Central States Pension Fund and, unless Congress takes action now, your hard-earned pension will be cut to almost nothing by 2025.
- Tell them that your pension security is your top priority, and you hope it’s high on their list of priorities too.
- Tell Your Story.
- Share your type of work along with how many years you have worked toward your pension.
- Explain how losing your pension will affect your life—mortgage, healthcare, food, basic utilities.
- Most of all – Be polite, but firm.
- Make sure they understand that this is an important issue that will absolutely affect how you vote.
Call the U.S. Capitol at 202-224-3121 and follow the prompts to reach the office of your House Representative or Senators. The automated system will ask you to provide your state or zip code to match you with your Members of Congress. When you call your elected officials, you will reach a staff member or be asked to leave a voicemail.
Nothing is more effective than face-to-face interaction. Your Members of Congress are frequently home over weekends and during Congressional recesses to conduct town hall meetings, attend events and visit with constituents. We will provide information on this website about upcoming local events with your Members of Congress. Please register now to receive updates.
You can also find information on upcoming Member of Congress events on the website TownHallProject.com (not affiliated with Central States).
WRITE AN EMAIL
Send a short personal email sharing your story of how you earned your pension, and the impact that losing it would have on you, your family and your community.
Fill out the form below to send an email to your Members of Congress. We have included some suggested text, but it is important that you tell your story. Please feel free to edit this text or start from scratch.
If you have questions about the Voices for Pension Security campaign, please log in and send us a message via the Message Center.